Back in December 2007, I thought it'd be cool to have a website that contained tools for authors. So in my spare time I developed the web site and made it available January 2008.
The original StoryToolz was a members only site. Paid memberships received more tools than free members. In 2012 I did away with the paid membership and made everything 100% free.
As it is with most of my development projects, the first version is quickly replaced by a second version. The first version of a project helps me define the project and the second version more fully implements my vision. StoryToolz version 2 was up at the end of February 2008.
And so it sat.
StoryToolz continued functioning, slowly building members, but received no updates. The great majority of StoryToolz members were free, but there were a handful of paid memberships (thank you). I considered it an abandoned project. Sure, it still worked and when the rare bug cropped up I fixed it.
Until June 2012.
I realized that I had developed other utilities to help with my fiction. So I revived StoryToolz, made it 100% free, cleaned up the design to be more iPad friendly, and added a few utilities.
And so it sat, again.
Still functioning, until May 2016.
Then I discovered I lost access to the host StoryToolz ran on for all these years. After some quick negotiating, I regained access, updated the site to a more modern look, and moved the StoryToolz to one of my personal servers.
Enjoy the tools. I hope you find them useful.