How To Use the Random Conflict Generator
Brainstorm using questions ...
Spend ten minutes brainstorming. Ask yourself:
- Who the conflict between? Who knows about the conflict?
- What is the conflict? What is the backstory to the conflict? What is at stake?
What is the relationship between different conflicts?
- Why is the conflict happening?
- Where is the conflict happening?
- When is the conflict? Before your story?
- How will the conflict be resolved? How will the characters fail to resolve it?
The Who, What, Why, Where, When, How questions are endless. Answering one
question will lead to others, which lead to others.
Don't censor yourself.
While brainstorming, it's important to not censor yourself. Write down everything
that pops into your head. Often, the really good ideas come after the
ridiculous ones have been acknowledged.
© 2012 Chuck Heintzelman
Page rendered in 0.0217 secs